Kalasatama Smart Grid – Finland
Building a smart city in the heart of Helsinki
- A residential area under construction in the eastern part of downtown Helsinki
- There are 2,000 residents in the area, and it is estimated that there will be 20,000 by the beginning of the 2030s.
- There are expected to be 8,000 jobs.
- Sustainable development as a design driver
- Intelligent energy systems from Helen, ABB and Fingrid playing a key role
- A waste utilization system used in recycling
- The area emphasizes functional everyday solutions and the role of smart residents in their planning and commissioning.
- The area focuses strongly on sharing public information and utilizing open data.
ABB’s response - Smart grid scope:
- Smart Grid
- Distribution Grid Automation
- Closed ring CBD
- Energy Storage
- Smart Energy Services
- EV Charging infrastructure
- Integration of power produced by the building
- Demand Response
- Smart Living
- Smart LV solutions
- Smart Homes