The 670 series protection and control IEDs provide versatile functionality, as well as maximum flexibility and performance to meet the highest requirements of any application in generation, transmission and sub-transmission protection systems. The 670 series IEDs features:
- Available as pre-configured and fully customized IEDs. If needed, the pre-configured IEDs can be easily adapted to meet specific power system requirements. The customized IEDs offer full flexibility in application engineering, allowing complete adaptation to your needs.
- Capable of handling several objects with a single IED and enable many other smart solutions based on functional integration to increase availability and to optimize the cost-performance ratio while maintaining high grid reliability.
- Equipped with advanced functionality for series-compensated networks and 1- and 3-phase tripping, voltage control for up to eight parallel transformers, an extended disturbance recorder, and binary and analog data transfer between IEDs.
- Support of IEC 61850 Ed.1 and Ed.2 in the same product without firmware change.
- Cyber security support for compliance to NERC CIP and IEC 62351-8.
- High transfer capacity in the power network due to fast distance protection.
- HMI with virtual keyboard, function push buttons and three color LED indications with alarm descriptions makes it easy and fast to handle the IED.