The robust and low maintenance GIS based design minimizes the substation’s footprint by as much as 70 percent, enabling it to be installed indoors, in busy urban areas and in harsh environments.
Our in-depth knowledge of the power value chain, as well as grid codes and utility practices in use around the world, enable us to provide turnkey solutions and engineered packages across a wide range of applications.
- ABB delivered the world’s first GIS substation in 1965, pioneering GIS technology
- Comprehensive experience in indoor, outdoor and underground GIS substation design and construction
- Proven, state-of-the-art equipment up to 1,100 kV
- Complete in-house system integration capabilities
- Fast project implementation with reduced interfaces and lower risks ensured through single-source responsibility
- Assurance of high quality, health, safety and environmental standards
- Power quality solutions including FACTS, capacitor banks, harmonic filters, phase shifting transformers, energy storage systems, etc.
- Optimized solutions for high performance, efficiency, flexibility, reliability and low life-cycle cost
- Smart grid-ready IEC 61850 substation automation systems enabling truly enterprise-wide data integration for efficient power system management