Ports, playing a critical role in national and regional economies, are increasingly turning to new technologies in order to maximize return on investments, efficiently deliver capacity and become environmentally sustainable by reducing emissions.
Smart ports is a concept entailing highly integrated power and automation systems for ports and vessels. The concept embraces the complete port operations as well as power infrastructure of ports and vessels, ensuring their seamless integration to minimize energy consumption while increasing productivity.
- ABB is well-positioned to implement the smart port concept by offering a single interface for the design, supply, installation and commissioning of complete port electrification and integration solutions
- Customized solutions including transmission and distribution substations integrating state-of-the-art products and systems such as high-, medium- and low-voltage switchgear, power transformers, substation automation, control and protection systems
- Optimized solutions for high performance, efficiency, flexibility, reliability and low life-cycle cost
- Single-source responsibility with complete in-house system integration capabilities
- Assurance of high quality, health, safety and environmental standards
- Support during the planning phase of greenfield and brownfield smart port projects with a comprehensive service and consultancy offering