By the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the different criteria manufacturers use to measure the efficiency of their products - and why the efficiency data you see in the catalogues may not be what you get in practice.
- Understand how the interaction of different electrical components driving a pump system impacts on overall efficiency, enabling you to:
• Improve the efficiency of existing pump systems.
• Ensure new systems are built to deliver optimum efficiency.
- Identify wider opportunities to squeeze even greater efficiency from installed pump systems.
- Fundamentals of the Ecodesign Directive and other relevant European product standards (i.e. EN 50598-2).
- Assessing how the interaction of different electrical components driving a pump system impacts on overall efficiency.
- Wider (non electrical) ways to improve energy efficiency (e.g. optimising variable speed drive control philosophy, pumping slower for longer, Triad management).