Motor-driven applications such as fans, pumps, compressors, conveyors, mixers, crushers and extruders all require an electrical system to power them. However, those systems may be up to 20 percent less efficient than they should be.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing electrical systems
- Design more efficient electrical systems for Greenfield sites
- Understanding the different criteria manufacturers use to measure the efficiency of electrical components - and why the efficiency data you see in catalogues may not be what you get in practice
- How the interaction of components in an electrical system can impact on total system efficiency
- How to achieve further energy reductions by optimising the individual components in electrical systems