eSourcing is a faster, more transparent and fair way of facilitating tenders and conducting negotiations. Founded on a web-based platform, eSourcing ensures smooth and clear communication, and is an efficient business tool for both the suppliers as well as ABB.
- Time saving
- Provides a simple format for submitting data online
- Faster evaluation process
- Clearly defined requirements
- Supports 15 languages
Our eSourcing solution is IBM Emptoris. An ABB Category Manager/Buyer running an eSourcing event will select and invite suppliers to participate (e.g. eRFI, eRFQ or eAuction). Suppliers that are not yet providing products or services to ABB should navigate to Becoming an ABB Supplier.
For those suppliers invited to an event, three emails will be sent by ABB including an official invitation to participate in the eSourcing event, your log-in and access details, and password information.
Once you have received your username and password, you can log-in here.
The following internet browsers are supported: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, 10.0, 11.0, and Mozilla Firefox 31 ESR, 38 ESR. Please note, Google Chrome is not fully supported by this site and is therefore should not be used for this platform.
- eRFI (Electronic-Request for Information): Online collection of information used to shortlist suppliers
- eRFQ (Electronic-Request for Quotation): Online collection of quotes to either award business or shortlist suppliers.
- eRFP (Electronic-Request For Proposal): An eRFP combines an eRFI & eRFQ and is used to gather information from suppliers to help initially qualify prospective suppliers and to gather bids on the desired items
- eAuction (Electronic auction): A dynamic online competition between suppliers to provide the best pricing solution for goods or services