eSourcing is a faster, more transparent and fair way of facilitating tenders and conducting negotiations. Founded on a web-based platform, eSourcing ensures smooth and clear communication, and is an efficient business tool for both the suppliers as well as ABB. At ABB eSourcing covers everything from eRFIs to eRFQs and eAuctions.
- eRFI (Electronic-Request for Information): Online collection of information used to shortlist suppliers
- eRFQ (Electronic-Request for Quotation): Online collection of quotes to either award business or shortlist suppliers.
- eRFP (Electronic-Request For Proposal): An eRFP combines an eRFI & eRFQ and is used to gather information from suppliers to help initially qualify prospective suppliers and to gather bids on the desired items
- eAuction (Electronic auction): A dynamic online competition between suppliers to provide the best pricing solution for goods or services
- Time saving
- Simple format for submitting data online
- Faster evaluation process
- Clearly defined requirements
- Supports 15 languages
Our eSourcing solution is IBM
Emptoris. An ABB category manager or buyer who want to run an eSourcing
event will contact established suppliers by sending out an electronic request
for information (eRFI), an electronic request for quotations (eRFQ), or an
invitation to participate in an eAuction. Suppliers that are not yet providing
products or services to ABB should navigate to Becoming an ABB Supplier.
For those suppliers invited to an event, three emails will be sent by ABB. The first will be an official invitation to participate in the eSourcing event, the second will contain log-in and access details, and the third will give password information.
Once you have received your username and password, you can log-in here.
The following internet browsers are supported: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9-11, and Mozilla Firefox 31-38 ESR. Please note, Google Chrome is not fully supported by this site and therefore should not be used for this platform.