ABB Corporate Research Center in Sweden
Established in 1916
The ABB Corporate Research Center in Sweden is located in Västerås, about 100 kilometers west of Stockholm. Together with our colleagues in other R&D centers, we develop technologies for future products and services for ABB's core businesses.
Our focus areas include:
- Automation control and optimization
- Automation networks and wireless technologies
- Chemistry and environmental technologies
- Electrical machines and power electronics
- Mechatronics and robot automation
- Nanotechnology and advanced materials technologies
- Power systems and apparatus
- Software architecture and processes
We collaborate with universities around the world, including MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm, Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg, Linköping University, Mälardalens University in Västerås and Uppsala University.