ABB Corporate Research Center in the United States
Established in 2002
The ABB Corporate Research Center in the United States is colocated in Raleigh, North Carolina, and Windsor, Connecticut. The center delivers leading-edge technologies and innovative solutions to ABB power and automation businesses.
Our focus areas include:
- Transmission and distribution system engineering
- Grid modernization technologies
- Solid-state protection device design and applications
- Electrical machines
- Variable-speed drives and control
- Converter design and control
- Software engineering techniques and tools
- Software, system and analytics architectures
- Robot intelligence and ease of use
- Intelligent sensors and applications
We collaborate with leading universities including MIT, Purdue University, the University of Wisconsin, the University of Tennessee, North Carolina State University, Tokyo Marine University, Texas A&M University, Virginia Polytechnic Institute, Case Western Reserve University, Kent State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, the University of Washington, the University of Maryland, the University of Delaware and University College London.