Global Trainee Program for Finance
See beyond the numbers and drive the business
As a pioneering technology leader, we need world-class financial minds to help us make the best use of our resources, and to support our bold strategies for a sustainable future.
Our finance specialists are at the front line of our operations, with a variety of dynamic roles in many focus areas - from controlling and planning, to accounting, risk control, investor relations, and real estate. They work closely with other functions, taking an active part in the business decision-making process. Looking beyond the numbers, our Finance team plays a vital role in analyzing financial performance, and advising the business on opportunities to improve profitability and to achieve our objectives.
As you work through your assignments, you will develop your skills and competencies in the following areas, putting them into practice with support from your managers and colleagues.
- Accounting and reporting according to US GAAP guidelines
- Business and product features
- Cash flow management
- Financial and risk analysis
- Project controlling and analysis
- Rolling forecast reporting
Strategic controlling and finance
- Business planning and evaluation
- Strategic planning and development
- Value creation and shareholder value
- Innovation and creativity
- International and virtual teamwork
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Leadership and management skills
- Presentation and communication skills
After successful completion of the program, you will typically be offered a permanent position in one of our business units. And if you choose to prepare for a professional accountancy qualification, we will support you all the way.
Application and selection process
1. Search and apply online here
2. Participate in a phone or video interview
3. Complete an online English test
4. Join a one day session at ABB's Assessment Center, participating in case study discussions
5. Participate in a final interview with a business leader and GTP program manager
If there are no positions currently advertised in your chosen Global Trainee Program area of interest, create a job alert to be notified of new opportunities as they arise.CREATE A JOB ALERT