Global Trainee Program for Procurement & Logistics
Driving optimal cost, quality and performance
ABB has thousands of suppliers and customers all over the world, so developing strong relationships and continually improving on cost and quality are critical to our global business success.
At ABB, we are constantly developing our global supply chain teams. Our Procurement and Logistics team are heavily involved in early stage technology and product development, leveraging world-class supply chain management processes, tools and systems across the function.
We are dedicated to continuous improvement - investing in both supply chain and leadership training to help us maintain one of the best procurement teams in the world.
The two-year Procurement & Logistics GTP is focused on developing the experts we need to ensure our market success.
As you work through your assignments, you will develop your skills and competencies in the following areas, putting them into practice with support from your managers and colleagues:
Professional focus areas
- Compliance management
- Stakeholder management
- Requisition and purchase order processing
- Sourcing execution
- Material scheduling
- Receipt processing
- Supply data management
- Category management
- Supplier management and quality
- Performance management
- Innovation and creativity
- International and virtual teamwork
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Leadership and management skills
- Presentation and communication skills
After successful completion of the program, you will typically be offered a permanent position in one of our business units.
Application and selection process
1. Search and apply online here
2. Participate in a phone or video interview
3. Complete an online English test
4. Join a one day session at ABB's Assessment Center, participating in case study discussions
5. Participate in a final interview with a business leader and GTP program manager
If there are no positions currently advertised in your chosen Global Trainee Program area of interest, create a job alert to be notified of new opportunities as they arise.CREATE A JOB ALERT