Global Trainee Program for Research & Development
Tomorrow’s solutions begin with you.
For 100 years, we have been working to create a more sustainable future by pioneering new technologies.
With seven research centers worldwide and an annual R&D investment of $1.5billion, our resources are formidable, and our focus is laser sharp. We invest in brand new technologies and innovations, while continuing to develop and improve existing products and services - both of which will help us lead into the future.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and how industries do business, for a more sustainable future.
In order to achieve our goals, we need the best creative and technical minds to constantly push the limits of what is possible.
As you work through your assignments, you will develop your skills and competencies in the following areas, putting them into practice with support from your managers and colleagues:
Innovation and technology
- Innovation strategy and implementation
- Innovation hackathons and tournaments
- Technology ventures
- Translating ABB’s mission and values into a personal mission – how will you contribute?
- Thinking globally, acting locally
- Managing performance
- Innovation and creativity
- International and virtual teamwork
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Leadership and management skills
- Presentation and communication skills
After successful completion of the program, you will typically be offered a permanent position in one of our business units.
Application and selection process
1. Search and apply online here
2. Participate in a phone or video interview
3. Complete an online English test
4. Join a one day session at ABB's Assessment Center, participating in case study discussions
5. Participate in a final interview with a business leader and GTP program manager
If there are no positions currently advertised in your chosen Global Trainee Program area of interest, create a job alert to be notified of new opportunities as they arise.CREATE A JOB ALERT