Rigorous analysis, forward-thinking decisions
One of the reasons for ABB’s success is our rigorous and forward thinking Finance function. With more than 3,600 people in over 100 countries, the integrated Finance organization delivers the insights we need to make strong, long-term business decisions.
We always focus on improving the quality and timing of our processes and saving costs. At the same time, we are intensely proactive, providing solutions to the business as a whole.
Why ABB for Finance?
Whatever your field, and whatever your level, you can learn from the best at ABB. As you work with a team of world-class professionals to tackle the challenges of complex business issues, you will find many opportunities to build on your experience and expand your horizons.
Thanks to our global presence, almost all the projects you work on will have an international dimension. You will learn how to look at problems from many different perspectives as you help shape the future of a global leader.
Even better, because so much of our focus as a business is on driving energy efficiency, you know that your efforts will be contributing to tackling climate change and creating a better world.
Our Finance function is not just about the numbers. We are a reliable and active partner to the business. We continually invest in our financial tools and systems, and in our training and development programs to support the business more effectively. In addition, the personal and leadership qualities that we share and nurture across the function, enable us to communicate effectively with business leaders, helping them solve tough problems.
Career paths and development
Finance Group Functions
- Finance and Controlling measures, interprets and communicates financial results to enable our company to achieve its business objectives. It is responsible for: Group reporting; developing a common management information platform; optimizing and streamlining the overall controlling function; increasing profitability by analyzing and pursuing process improvements and cost-saving initiatives across the Group.
- Group Treasury is responsible for treasury-related issues of all Group companies, including: export and trade finance issues; long- and short-term financing solutions; dividend payments and execution of hedging transactions. It ensures overall asset and risk management of pension plans and treasury risk management.
- Corporate Taxes works with country CFOs, division CFOs and business unit management teams through a global network of in-house tax experts, ensuring that we comply with all applicable tax laws. Tax matters include: transfer pricing, tax accounting and financial statement reporting, Group legal and capital structures, intra-Group arrangements and global tax risk management.
- Assurance assesses the Group's risks and controls, identifies material weaknesses and deficiencies, and finds sustainable resolutions. It also aims to reduce the complexity in financial reporting risks while establishing controls that comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Investor Relations coordinates contact between the investment community and senior ABB management, providing information to shareholders and debt holders.
- Real Estate acts with the country CFOs and local managers to optimize real estate infrastructure. It aims to rationalize space with low occupancy costs and to be efficient and effective when divesting or redeveloping surplus properties.
Shared Accounting Services
As long as there is a clear business need, we help you prepare for external certification programs with leading bodies.
Alternative career possibilities
Depending on your skills and interests, there will be opportunities to move into others areas of our business, such as Project Management, Operational Excellence, Marketing and Sales, or Service.
What we look for
- Good technical understanding of the discipline, including: accounting and reporting, tax, treasury, planning and controlling.
- Strategic awareness and an understanding of our products and technology, and our markets and customers.
- General business acumen: ability to understand the demands of a complex business quickly.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for new business or cost savings.
- Strong numeracy and communication skills, written and verbal: You will make your voice heard, and your advice valued and acted upon.
- Ambition: You want to be the best you can be.
- Dedication to the overall aims of the business.
- Flexibility: Ready to travel and able to communicate easily in English.
- Conscientious: We expect you to comply with our safety and integrity standards at all times.