Dell PowerEdge R420xr certified for use with ABB 800xA DCS
*Dell PowerEdge R420XR
Fortify your solution with a powerful 1U, 2-socket server built for rugged reliability
Your customers require robust solutions that can handle the rigorous demands and extreme environments of defense, telecom, emergency response services and industrial automation. With shock and vibration resistance, optional advanced dust filtration and the ability to operate in high temperatures and altitudes, the Dell PowerEdge R420XR is built to deliver virtualization-ready power to demanding deployments constrained by size, weight and power.
Built to meet industry-specific requirements, the Dell PowerEdge R420XR is compliant with Network Equipment Building System (NEBS) Level 3, European Telecommunications Standards Institute (ETSI) and MIL-STD-810G specifications for temperature, shock and vibration. You can rely on proven PowerEdge manageability, reliability and consistency supported by increased durability to ensure that you have the toughest technology available for your solutions.
Uncompromising enterprise quality
As a solutions provider, you want to offer equipment that can deliver. The Dell PowerEdge R420XR brings the quality, reliability and consistency you'd expect from an enterprise-class server while providing manageability, versatility and durability.
Manageable and expandable:
- Integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC) Express and enterprise remote management and lifecycle controller support
- 2x8 or 1x16 Gen3 PCIe expandability
- Increased capacity with up to four f ront-accessible 2.5" hard drives
- Optional Dell PERC H810 RAID controller card
- 20" rack depth and light weight to fit solution constraints
- Advanced manageability and scalability
- Reduced power and cooling requirements
Durable and reliable:
*Product description according to vendor
- NEBS Level 3, ETSI and MIL-STD-810G compliant
- Resistant to shock and vibration
- Continuous operation in temperatures up to 45 ° C
- Dual, redundant hot-swappable power supplies
- Optional filtered bezel for improved dust-ingress protection with machine-washable filters
- Optional rugged sliding rails for sturdy installation in standard four-post rack or transit cases
- Long life — three-year lifecycle with Dell ProSupport options for extended support