HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 certified for use with ABB 800xA DCS
The HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 is a dual-socket server blade engineered for unprecedented performance, enhanced flexibility and simplified management which makes it the standard for data center computing.
The ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Server packs in more performance with a 33% increase in memory DIMM count, Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 Processor with added support for 130W processors, faster I/O slots and enhanced Smart Array Controller that now ships with 512MB Flash Back Write Cache standard. In addition, it is also more flexible with the HP FlexibleLOM which provides the ability to customize server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware.
Redefining the Customer Experience
Intuitive, Configurable Management System Eliminates Tedious, Time-Consuming Tasks
- User-inspired design features that anticipate your needs and virtually eliminates common issues that result in downtime include HP SmartDrive carriers and the HP Smart Socket guide.
- Integrated Lifecycle Automation, an industry first, provides embedded provisioning tools, Active Health monitoring, and system maintenance capabilities standard on all ProLiant servers and built using the industry-leading HP iLO Management Engine.
- Dynamic Workload Acceleration delivers smarter data protection for ever-increasing drive capacities, real-time workload-aware analysis to optimize and adapt storage performance, and 6X faster solid state performance versus previous generation.
- Automated Energy Optimization improves the server's ability to analyze and respond to "3D sea of sensors" data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through Insight Control for maximum workload optimization across the entire datacenter.
Improved Application, Storage, and I/O Performance
- HP Intelligent Provisioning takes strengths from products like HP SmartStart, HP Smart Update Manager and HP Service Pack for ProLiant, enhances them with the latest ease of use features and places them where you can use them instantly - on the system board.
- Agentless hardware monitoring and alerting capabilities are built into the server with HP Agentless Management (runs on the iLO 4 chipset). Starts working the moment that a power cord and an Ethernet cable is connected to the enclosure.
- HP Active Health System provides 24x7 continuous health monitoring, 100% configuration change logging and faster problem analysis with HP Service and Support. Start problem analysis 5x faster using unified diagnostic tools with secure data transfer to HP Service and Support.
Built for Performance and Easier Access
- HP SmartMemory has unmatched performance, quality and manageability advantages above industry standards memory. Supports RDIMM, UDIMM and LRDIMM with up to 512GB capacity and 256GB capacity at 1600MHz. SmartMemory in the BL460c Gen8 delivers up to 33% more memory capacity over previous generations.
- New embedded Smart Array P220i RAID controller with 512MB Flash Backed Write Cache standard. Support for HP Smart Storage and HP SmartDrives. Choice of two (2) 2.5-inch SFF SAS, SATA, SSD drives.
- PCIe 3.0 technology provides improved latency and up to 400% the bandwidth per I/O expansion slot compared to ProLiant BL460c G7.
- Two x16 PCIe 3.0 I/O expansion slots support the highest performing mezzanine option cards now and into the future
- HP FlexibleLOM provides the ability to customize server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware. Provides choice of bandwidth and fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, InfiniBand), supports WOL, and provides a shared iLO port for ease of use.
*Product description according to vendor
- Improved access to mezzanine cards enables quicker removal and easy access to the new FlexibleLOM card. The DIMM tool included inside every ProLiant BL460c Gen8 makes the removal and insertion of individual DIMMs even easier.
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 Processor Family offers higher performance, power efficiency, and more adaptability with Intel QuickPath, Integrated Memory Controller, Turbo Boost and Intelligent Power Technologies.