This server is proven in use for System 800xA SV 6.0
HP ProLiant DL380e Gen8, a dual-socket 2U rack server, offers unprecedented performance, flexibility, manageability, and serviceability suitable to SMBs and enterprise customers. It is ideal for datacenters looking for essential flexibility and expandability to meet their compute and storage needs.
Redefining the Customer Experience with HP ProActive Insight architecture
• User-inspired design features that prevent data loss, reduce downtime, and improve serviceability include HP SmartDrives, HP Smart Socket guides, "Snap and Go" rail kit options, and tool-less access to components.
• Integrated Lifecycle Automation provides intuitive system management with simplified provisioning, proactive health monitoring and alerting, and automated firmware and system software maintenance.
• Dynamic Workload Acceleration converges storage, compute, and I/O to turbo-charge performance and resiliency while eliminating bottlenecks.
• Automated Energy Optimization reclaims space, power, and cooling resources needed for workloads and extends your data center capacity.
Unlock your Infrastructure’s Potential with HP’s Easy-to-Use Integrated Management and Support
• HP iLO Management Engine is a complete set of embedded features, standard on all ProLiant Gen8 servers. Includes HP iLO, HP Agentless Management, HP Active Health System, HP Intelligent Provisioning, and HP Embedded Remote Support.
• HP Insight Control provides advanced management capabilities across the lifecycle of your HP ProLiant server infrastructure. HP iLO Advanced, a key component, provides enhanced remote server functions that reduce IT travel costs, while increasing Time-To-Resolution.
• HP Insight Online with HP Insight Remote Support provides 24X7 remote monitoring and anywhere, anytime personalized access to your IT and support status.
• HP SmartUpdate reduces deployment time and update complexity by systematically updating server infrastructure in the data center. Includes HP Smart Update Manager (HP SUM), and Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP), and other products.
Improved Application, Storage, and I/O Performance
• HP SmartMemory prevents data loss and downtime with enhanced error handling while improving workload performance and power efficiency. Support for RDIMMs, LRDIMMs, and UDIMMs with up to 384GB max capacity.
• Support for HP SmartStorage including PCIe 3.0, HP SmartDrives, and HP Flash Backed Write Cache with capacity up to 2GB. Choice of up to twenty seven (27) 2.5-inch SFF or fourteen (14) 3.5-inch LFF SAS, SATA, SSD drives with optical media.
• HP Smart Storage technology is designed to remove storage bottlenecks and turbo-charge data-intensive application performance to accelerate workloads.
Built for Performance, Efficiency and Easier Access
• ENERGY STAR® qualified server configurations illustrate HP’s continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
• “Snap and Go” rack rails reduce friction with high quality ball-bearing design allowing for quick access to the server while an ambidextrous options allow for better cabling management.
• First in industry to include 3D array of temperature sensors to help precisely control server fans to direct cooling and reduce unnecessary fan power, saving on cooling costs.
• High efficiency 80+ certified HP Common Slot Power Supplies provide up to 94% efficiency (Platinum) and support HP’s Power Discovery Services.
• Intel® Xeon® processor E5-2400 product family offers best price performance compute and memory; essential for everyday business needs.
*Product description according to vendor