Occupational health and safety policy
Eight health and safety "expectations" support the policy and comprise the framework of the health and safety culture we are pursuing in ABB.
1. Leadership and accountability - clearly defined responsibilities, resources, and accountability for managers.
2. Managing health and safety risks - at every stage of project, service or manufacturing life cycle, where meeting national and international standards is the minimum requirement.
3. Demonstrating health and safety competence so that all managers, employees, safety advisors and contractors know their responsibilities and have the training and experience to carry them out.
4. Ensuring safe contractors and business partners by selecting contractors and suppliers that perform to ABB’s health and safety requirements.
5. Ensuring health and safety is integrated into the processes for managing change, both globally and locally.
6. Ensuring a crisis and emergency management system is in place.
7. Ensuring accident analysis and prevention is in place.
8. Routine review of health and safety performance by managers, supported by a reporting process.