Over 1.3 billion people in remote areas around the world either don’t have access to reliable sources of electricity, or aren’t connected to power grids. To generate electricity in remote communities, not serviced by electrical networks, fossil fuels generators are required and must burn, diesel, gas or heavy fuel oil. As we become more reliant on electricity, governments around the world are investing in infrastructure to help provide electricity to poorly-connected areas.
ABB offers reliable, modular, containerized “plug and play” microgrid solution for remote communities, available in various ratings with a standardized specification. It is easily configurable to adapt your unique needs. ABB's unique microgrid solutions ensure highest possible renewable energy penetration into existing or isolated grid, reducing CO2 emissions as well as dependency on fossil fuel supplies that are not only costly, but also uncertain.
- Ensure reliable, stable and affordable power availability, wherever and whenever it is required
- Distributed architecture enhances reliability and scalability for future system expansions
- Achieving a secure and sustainable energy mix, together with energy efficiency and other low carbon options
- Fulfill health, safety and environmental appropriateness
- Maximizes fuel savings through the highest possible renewable integration
- High power quality by stabilizing the power systems against fluctuations in voltage and control
- Easy transportation, fast and safe installation and commissioning on-site
- Efficiently manage, monitor and analyze your assets by cloud-based remote service