ACS880-104LC - liquid-cooled inverter modules
Compact design with high power density
Built on our all-compatible drive architecture, these liquid-cooled inverter modules are designed to fulfil all your requirements for motor control and for cabinet building. The inverters are designed to be used in common DC bus systems, multidrives, to control several motors, but can also be used in a single drive configuration together with a dedicated supply unit.
The modules are DC supplied and have several built-in options. The electrical connection to the common DC bus is fuse protected. An optional DC-switch can be selected to disconnect an individual inverter unit from the DC bus. The AC output for the motor cabling is equipped with a quick connector, which enables easy installation and removal of the module from the cabinet. Each inverter unit comes with safe torque off (STO) as standard.
The design is extremely compact which enables optimized drive cabinet installations. One drive module can deliver motor current up to 850 A. The 3-phase modules can be parallel connected for higher powers as they come with inbuilt du/dt output filters as standard. The modules are light, only 59 or 63 kg per module, meaning that the cabinet mechanical design and construction is less demanding.
- ABB’s state of the art motor control technology Direct torque control (DTC) as standard
- DTCprovides precise speed and torque control
- Several application specific control programs available as option
- Support for various motor types
- 3-phase module which can be parallel connected for higher powers
- Wide power range 250 to 3000/6000 kW / 690 V with one module frame size (R8i)
- Extremely compact module design with unique power density
- Light modules 59/63kg with inbuilt handle for easy handling
- Quick connectors for motor cables
- Built-in du/dt filter as standard
- Integrated safety including STO as standard
- Fast maintenance, easy serviceability
- Intuitive control panel with USB port
- Supports a wide range of fieldbus protocols
- Flexible I/O and encoder option
- Extensive selection of mechanical and electrical installation accessories