ACS880-204 - IGBT supply modules
Capture and utilize braking energy in common DC bus drive systems
Built on our all-compatible architecture these IGBT supply modules are used in common DC bus drive systems to convert three-phase AC voltage to DC voltage. The IGBT supply units produce exceptionally low harmonic content and exceed the requirements set by low harmonic requirements. By managing and controlling harmonics, the ACS880-204 reaches unity power factor. The supply unit is able to boost output voltage to guarantee full motor voltage even when the supply voltage is below nominal. The supply unit also offers the possibility for network power factor correction to compensate for low power factors of equipment connected to the same network.
The supply unit consists of LCL line filters and of R1i-R4i, R6i, R7i and R8i IGBT supply modules, which are optimized for easy cabinet installation. The IGBT modules are hardware compatible with inverter modules.
- Power range 5.5 to 3679 kVA
- Built on ABB's common drives architecture
- Compact modules for flexible and optimized cabinet assembly
- Possibility to regenerate 100% of the power continuously
- Total harmonic distortion typically 3% in nominal situation and undistrurbed network
- Support for optimal grid control, i.e. grid converter (for R6i, R7i and R8i frames)
- IP00 enclosure classes
- Intuitive control panel with USB port
- Supports a wide range of fieldbus protocols and I/O options
- Extensive selection of mechanical and electrical accessories