ACS880-304LC – liquid-cooled diode supply modules
For non-regenerative drive systems
Built on our all-compatible architecture these diode supply units convert three-phase AC voltage to DC voltage in non-regenerative drive systems. The modules are specifically constructed to save space, cabling, and installation costs. There are two different diode supply unit types in the offering: an uncontrolled diode bridge (frame D8D) and a half-controlled diode supply module (frame D8T). The main difference between the types is controllability.
The uncontrolled diode bridge is typically used in single drive configurations and it is designed to be connected to a dedicated supply transformer which acts as an AC choke. These configurations are typical e.g. in Mining, Tunnel Boring and in Marine segments, where a dedicated transformer supplies energy for one large application, like a conveyor, a boring machine or a propulsion or thruster application. The uncontrolled diode bridge is extremely compact, which enables even smaller cabinets or enclosures than ever before. Module integration into low-height enclosures is also easy to do.
The half-controlled diode supply module is typically used in multidrive configurations, it has in-built AC chokes for harmonics mitigation and in-built thyristors to charge the inverters connected to the common DC bus. The unit has everything in-built, there is no need for additional external components.
- Built on ABB's common drives architecture
- Compact modules for flexible and optimized cabinet assembly
- The supply modules can be connected in parallel for higher powers
- Extensive selection of mechanical and electrical installation accessories
Uncontrolled diode-diode supply unit ACS880-304LC+A019 (frame D8D)
- Extremely compact, light (12kg), simple and cost efficient without any internal circuit boards or AC-chokes
- Mainly for single drives which are supplied by dedicated supply transformer
- Optional external DC-charging circuit
- Power range 980 to 3633 kVA / 690 V
- 6/12/24-pulse configurations
Half-controlled diode-thyristor supply unit ACS880-304LC+A018 (frame D8T)
- Everything in-built: AC-chokes, DC-charging capability, internal current measurement
- Flexible configurations for single drives and multidrives, with or without a dedicated supply transformer
- Power range 585 to 4780 kVA / 690 V
- 6- and 12-pulse configurations