regenerative single drives
Capture and utilize braking energy
The compact ACS880-11 captures and utilizes braking energy which results in cost savings for the user. With regenerative functionality, the braking energy of the motor is returned back to the drive and distributed forward to the supply network so that it can be utilized by other equipment. With mechanical or resistor braking energy is wasted as heat and additional cooling is often required. In comparison with other braking methods ACS880-11 brings more energy savings and enables simplified and cost efficient installation.
Equipped with an active supply unit and integrated low harmonic line filter, the regenerative drive produces exceptionally low harmonic content.
- Power range 3 to 110 kW / 380 to 500 V
- IP20, IP21 (as standard) and IP55 enclosure classes - flange mounting possibility as an option
- One compact package - no additional hardware needed
- Possibilty to regenerate 100% of the power continously
- Total harmonic current distortion typically <3% in nominal situation and undistorted network
- Factory tested solution for high reliability
- Built on ABB's common drives architecture
- Direct torque control (DTC) as standard
- Integrated safety including STO as standard
- Supports a wide range of fieldbus protocols, I/O and encoder options