ACS800-38 - Low harmonic drive for outdoor use
Boost performance without compromise in harsh environments
The low harmonic drive for outdoor use, ACS800-38 is designed for controlling industry applications such as pumps, conveyors and compressors, in remote harsh outdoor environments. The drive eliminates harmonics and it is easy to transport to new pumping installations where no fixed facilities are present. The low harmonic drive for outdoor use comes with a double layer thermal cabinet construction designed to work in temperatures up to 55 °C (+131 °F). With IP55 as standard and IP56 / NEMA 4 as option and a lockable cabinet construction the drive’s low maintenance and durability help ensure a long and reliable operational life.
The cooling of the drive is done without any need for outside air. This is made possible with ABB’s self-contained cooling system, a closed air cooling method that does not circulate external air inside the drive. The cooling system eliminates risk for corrosive gases or sand to enter the interior parts of the cabinet, reducing maintenance needs and unplanned downtime.
- Outdoor drive for harsh environments
- IP55 as standard and IP56 / NEMA 4 as option
- Works in temperatures up to 55 °C (131 °F)
- Direct torque control (DTC) as standard
- Low harmonic drive modules
- Self-contained close loop cooling system
- Easy to transport and connect to the power supply and motor
- Customizable control programs