ABB medium voltage drives are available with DriveMonitor, an intelligent monitoring and diagnostics system, which allows secure access to the drive from any location in the world.
DriveMonitor allows real-time access to the drive. It supports monitoring, configuration and diagnostics of ABB drives independent of the implemented control method, thus also enabling the connection of existent installations.
The optional tool consists of a hardware module, which can be installed inside the drive, as well as a software layer that automatically collects and analyzes selected drive signals and parameters.
Long-term monitoring functions deliver important information on equipment status, tasks needed and possible performance improvements. Diagnostic procedures and trending can cover not only the converter itself but other parts of the shaft train as well.
- Early detection to avoid costly repairs
- Reduction of process-critical faults
- Optimization of maintenance cost and schedule over the product life cycle
- Long-term statistics for optimization of process performance
- Easier root cause analysis - reduced Mean Time To Repair (MTTR)