Planning & Risk is a portfolio management solution that enables electric utilities, generation companies, retailers, and trading organizations to consistently analyze and review all of their existing and potential assets within one tool.
With Planning & Risk, organizations can analyze, report, and actively manage all assets, including power plants, customer loads, fuels, and contracts. By combining generation asset evaluation, contract evaluation (both physical and financial), and customer loads in one module, organizations can dramatically improve the efficiency and consistency of budgeting, planning, and reporting analysis.
Planning & Risk is the most comprehensive portfolio planning solution available, featuring:
- Fast base case, scenarios, stress tests, and market leading probabilistic evaluation of both the financial and physical implications of decisions
- Single plant or contract evaluations to companywide portfolio analysis spanning multiple market areas and multiple years
- An intuitive and easy to use interface and range of output options including standard and customizable output reports and integration with other software
- The leading chronological optimization model (PROSYM)
- Configurable Gross Margin reporting with graphs
- A secure client/server database system with audit trails