Disconnecting Circuit Breaker 72.5 – 550 kV
A Disconnecting Circuit Breaker (DCB) provides the functionality of a circuit breaker and a disconnector combined in a single unit.
Without the need for separate disconnectors, up to 75 percent less space is required. Unplanned outages are reduced by up to 70 percent according Cigré report on high-voltage circuit breakers reliability, (group A3.06 October 2012), which means a low life-cycle cost.
ABB’s DCB is ideal for all substation applications – indoor, outdoor, greenfield or refurbishment. It offers the highest level of safety with the easily operated robust mechanical and electrical interlocking that supports the five golden safety steps for high voltage operations (interrupt, isolate, lock, voltage check, earth). The DCB is compliant with IEC standard 62271-108 for disconnecting circuit breakers.
For a quick and convenient order, download the technical DCB-specification (english,spanish), fill it out and send to your local ABB-contact with your request for quotation.
With the web tool www.dcbsubstations.com you can easily see space and cost savings comparing a DCB substation with traditional designs.
- Line, transformer, reactor and capacitor switching
- Switching of harmonic filters
- Switching in HVDC-applications
- Switching in SVC-applications
- Longest experience and largest installed base with DCB,1600 in service
- The most complete product portfolio up to 550 kV, 63 kA
- Low environmental impact – low global warming impact with less equipment, lower losses etc
- Local and global ABB industry and application support
- Global service organization, local everywhere
Brief performance data
|Rated voltage ||kV ||72.5 ||145 ||170-245 ||362-550 || |
|Rated current ||A ||3150 ||3150 ||4000 ||4000 || |
|Rated breaking current ||kA ||40 ||40 ||50 ||63 || |
|Ambient temperature ||oC ||-50 to +50 ||-50 to +50 ||-50 to +50 ||-50 to +50 || |