A DCB provides the functionality of a circuit breaker and a disconnector combined in a single unit. Without the need for separate disconnectors, up to 65% less space is required. ABB’s DCB is suitable for outdoor and indoor substation applications.
The DCB is also available as an eco-efficient alternative, the DCB LTB AirPlus™, which uses AirPlus gas-mixture as the insulating and arc extinguishing medium.
With the web tool www.dcbsubstations.com you can evaluate space and cost savings by comparing a DCB solution with an array of traditional substations designs.
The eco-efficient breaker platform enables a Global Warming Potential (GWP) reduction of almost 100%.
- Line switching
- Transformer switching
- AirPlus has a Global Warming Potential (GWP) < 1 vs 23,500 of SF6
- Close to 100% GWP reduction compared to conventional breakers
- Scalable from MV to HV in interruption and insulation technology
- Future-proof solution to comply with environmental regulation changes
- Based on well-proven ABB's high-voltage breakers technology