In today’s world, commercial and industrial (C&I) customers are becoming electricity producers as well as consumers (or prosumers). A battery energy storage device thus becomes an integral part of the changing relationship between the utilities and it's customers. ABB's battery energy storage system, PQpluS™ helps the electricity consumers by actively managing the timing and profile of their energy usage. It reduces energy costs and makes the system more resilient while improving the overall efficiency, reliability and availability of the power system.
PQpluS™ is available in a wide range of power and energy ratings, making it the right choice for end users, system integrators and aggregators, as well as users with the right control system for utility scale applications. It can also be used where multiple energy sources such as wind, solar, diesel or other generators operate in parallel and where the integrator’s high level system controller coordinates the overall operation. In addition to functions like peak shaving and power quality, PQpluS™ can be managed by third party controller to perform site energy management, integration of renewables and grid services.
For commercial and industrial customers:
- Peak load shaving
- Integration of EV charging
- Maximization of self-consumption for PV solar
- Power quality
System integrators can integrate PQpluS™ with their controller and provide utility scale solution for applications such as:
- Site energy management
- Demand response
- Grid services
- Frequency regulation
- Capacity firming and ramp rate control for renewable energy sources
- A compact design requires small footprint, ideal for applications where space is at a premium
- Modular design provides the pre-engineered building blocks, reducing engineering as well installation time
- Standard control algorithm for commercial and industrial applications such as peak shaving is integrated in the control system.
- Standard MODBUS communication with third party controllers
- The power quality features enhances the overall operating efficiency by reducing losses, filtering harmonics, improving power factor and performing load balancing
- User friendly interface for the operators makes it a simple device to operate and maintain