The PF controller is one of the most important components of the PF correction equipment. As such, it plays a key role in the control and monitoring of the cos φ (power factor) and the system power quality.
ABB offers the most powerful, complete and user-friendly range of PF controllers. Thanks to the user interface upgrade with graphical icons, it is possible to commission the RVC controller without a manual. A slimmer casing requires less space in the capacitor bank panel. The ABB RVC retains all its widely-accepted functionalities and continue to deliver an easy to install, easy to use and smarter power factor controller to the market.
The RVC standard range of controllers can be used to control cos φ in industrial and commercial networks. Application examples include power factor control in buildings, mining steel industry, chemical, pulp and paper, cement, plastics, printing and food industries.
The power factor controller RVC comes with:
- Direct connection for all network voltages from 100V to 440V. Connection to higher network voltages possible through voltage transformer.
- Measurement and display of key parameters (voltage, current, power factor, THDV and THDI)
- Fully programmable switching sequence
- Easy commissioning
- Complete auto set-up
- Easy to use thanks to user-friendly interface
- Highly efficient switching strategy combining integral, direct, linear and circular switching
- Suitable for hot environments
- Not affected by harmonics
- Alarm contact