ABB's PQF active filters offer the following system benefits:
- Compliance with the strictest power quality regulations thanks to their unique control concept, thereby avoiding penalties and/or refusal by utilities to connect installations to the electrical grid.
- Reduced production downtime and/or commercial installation downtime.
- Increased system efficiency and reduction of CO2 emissions.
- No detailed network analysis required and rapid and easy implementation of the solution.
- Thanks to its active concept, well adapted to low-voltage installations that are typically upgraded frequently.
ABB's PQF active filters can be applied to small, medium or large applications and are suitable for both industrial and commercial installations in low-voltage networks. They can also be employed in medium-voltage networks through the use of a coupling transformer.
PQF active filters are the standard in the active filtering field for product performance. ABB’s PQF come with:
- Unprecedented filtering efficiency with unique closed loop control system and individual harmonic selection capability
- Stepless reactive power compensation of both inductive and capacitive loads
- Load balancing in both 3- and 4-wire systems
- Increasing of system reliability to unprecedented levels with full redundancy functionality
- Advanced communication features with Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP