ABB’s pole-mounted capacitor banks provide an economical way to apply capacitors to a distribution feeder system to provide voltage support, lower system losses, release system capacity and eliminate power factor penalties. They are factory pre-wired and assembled, ready for installation. Available options include:
- In-line aluminum or galvanized steel rack
- Oil or vacuum switches
- Junction box
- Switching controller
- Wildlife guards
- Insulated conductor
- Control power transformer
- Distribution class arresters
- Fused cutout
- Current limiting reactors
The QPole can be used for voltage stability applications, reactive compensation or volt-var management.
- ABB components including controller, vacuum switch etc.
- Available as fixed or switched system.
- Factory assembled in galvanized steel or aluminum frame suitable for pole mounting.
Brief performance data
|Power ||Up to 3,600 kvar |
|Voltage ||Up to 36 kV |
|Insulation level ||Up to 70/170 kV BIL |
|Frequency ||50 or 60 Hz |
|Arrangement ||Grounded Y, Ungrounded Y or Delta |
|Number of capacitors ||3, 6 or 9 units |
|Control voltage ||120 or 240 Vac |
|Temperature range ||-50 to 55°C |
|Frame ||Galvanized steel or aluminum |
|Features ||Pole bracket, lifting eyes, bird guards |
|Control options ||Fixed or switched |
|Standards ||IEC, ANSI, IEEE and CSA |
|Mounting hardware ||Included |
Local versions may have different specifications.