ABB’s DC dry-type capacitor DryDCap is a dry DC capacitor for modern converter topologies. Being dry, there is no risk of leakage, and there is a minimal environmental impact during the product’s entire lifecycle. Its high energy density capability allows for compact designs, and it is usable in in-house and open air installations.
- HVDC-Light or equivalent converters
- SVC-Light or equivalent converters
- DC-link for converter applications such as used in motor drives, traction applications etc.
- No risk of leakage due to dry design
- High energy density capability allows for compact designs
- Low inductance leads to better protection of the semiconductors
- Segmented electrode ensures a safe end of life