HEC 9 has been developed as a system for large sized power plant such as nuclear, coal fired and hydro power plants. It has the world's highest performance with short-circuit currents up to 300 kA and it is also highly suitable for retrofits or replacements of old GCBs in air-blast technology.
Based on ABB’s well proven and highly reliable SF6 technology, it enables lower lifecycle costs and gives a time-to-overhaul period of up to 20 years.
It is delivered in single-phase systems to facilitate the transportation and installation with plug-in design to minimize the activities at site. Besides circuit-breaker, disconnector, capacitors and control cubicle, it also includes a wide selection of additional components such as earthing and starting switches, current and voltage transformers, and surge arresters.
- Load current up to 33,500 A
- Power units up to 2000 MW
- Indoor or outdoor installations
- Replacements or retrofits of old units
- Naturally cooled up to 28,500 A
- Delivers the highest performance rates
- Provides the lowest lifecycle costs - maximum system availability and reliability
- Based on SF6, it is the only alternative to old and obsolete GCBs in air-blast technology
- Fully type tested according to IEEE C37.013, the worldwide GCB standard
- Available options: