PASS M0S belongs to ABB’s innovative high-voltage hybrid switchgear family PASS (Plug and Switch System). PASS encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module. The hybrid design makes use of traditional air-insulated busbars to connect with other equipment in the substation while enclosing the following bay functions in a single-phase gas-insulated housing:
- Circuit breaker
- Combined disconnector and earthing switches
- Voltage transformers and Voltage sensors
- Current Transformers
- Motor drive option
- Fast earthing switch option
- Plug in cables option
PASS modules are completely factory assembled and tested, ready for rapid installation and energization.
PASS M0S is available in numerous configurations including single busbar, double busbar, double circuit breaker, pre-assembled H-configured switchgear bay, and various other customized configurations are possible.
- Integration of renewable power to the grid
- Remote mining connections
- Mobile or skid mounted substations
- Substation extensions or bay replacements
- PASS is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications.
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, energizes in 20 hours on-site
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- Global service organization, local everywhere