PASS for digital substations belongs to ABB’s innovative high-voltage hybrid switchgear family PASS (Plug and Switch System). PASS encloses all functions of a complete switchgear bay in a single module. The hybrid design makes use of traditional air-insulated busbars to connect with other equipment in the substation.
ABB’s hybrid switchgear can be equipped with Motor Drive (MD) and an intelligent local control cabinet, for smooth integration into substation automation systems using IEC 61850. MD brings the technology to continuously monitor the functions of the switchyard, whilst performing real-time simulation and diagnostics, allowing pro-active management of the life-cycle of the asset and remote service intervention.
For connection to the IEC 61850-9-2 process bus, non-conventional instrument transformers (NCITs) FOCS, ELK-CP14 or ELK-CP3 with merging units are used for sampled values for protection and metering. Alternatively, SAM600 stand-alone merging units can be connected to conventional current or voltage transformers of the PASS.
- Bay protection and monitoring of digital substations
- PASS is the most widely installed hybrid switchgear worldwide, protecting networks in many different climates and applications.
- Close to GIS compactness at AIS value - the best of both worlds
- Delivered fully assembled and tested, energizes in 16 hours on-site
- Modular design enables highly customizable solutions in a short manufacturing time
- ABB offers a comprehensive portfolio of process and station bus compatible control and protection devices