POLIM-C..ND is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 62848-1 / EN 50526-1. Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2.
It is used for secure protection of power electronics in DC systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions, it is also recommended for fixed installations in traction networks.
The arresters also meet the requirements for A1 functions according to the VDV 525 recommendation:
- A1 – overvoltage protection of equipment connected to traction supply voltage
Traction systems – fixed installations
- Power electronics
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global ABB application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- UV resistant silicone housing with excellent pollution performance
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc=Ur)
|| kV DC
|Short-circuit current (Is)
|| kA DC
|Charge transfer capability (Qt)
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)
|| kJ/kV (Ur)
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.