MVR is a surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps, designed and tested with reference to IEC 60099-4.
It is used for secure protection of medium voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions.
- Power electronics
- High-voltage cable sheath
- Low-voltage motors
- Components of low-voltage secondary equipment
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection
- Local and global ABB application support
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|Maximum system voltage (Us)
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)
|Nominal discharge current (In)
|| AC, DC
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.