MWD is a shedless surge arrester with metal-oxide (MO) resistors without spark gaps directly molded in silicone housing, grey color, designed and tested according to IEC 60099-4; and it fulfills the requirement of ANSI/IEEE C62.11. Fire and smoke behavior tested and classified according to EN 45545-2.
It is used for secure protection of medium voltage systems against overvoltages from atmospheric discharges and switching conditions. The product is suitable for indoor installation only.
- Medium-voltage dry type transformer
- Air-insulated medium-voltage switchgear and panel
- Medium size generator
- Medium-voltage cable and cable termination
- Medium-voltage motor
- Other medium-voltage distribution equipment
- Over 100 years of experience in overvoltage protection and more than 30 years with silicone insulation
- Local and global ABB application support
- Proven safe short-circuit current design
- Design life of more than 30 years
- Own production of metal-oxide (MO) resistors
- Excellent protection level with low residual voltage
- Maintenance free
Brief performance data
|Maximum system voltage (Us)
|Continuous voltage through arrester (Uc)
|Rated voltage of arrester (Ur)
|Nominal discharge current (In)
|Thermal energy rating (Wth)
|| kJ/kV (Ur)
For more details see the data sheet in downloads below.