Software Engineer .NET / Tekomar Products m/w (80-100%)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Turbocharging (www.abb.com/turbocharging) is at the helm of the global industry in the manufacture and maintenance of turbochargers for 500 kW to 80+ MW diesel and gas engines. Our leading-edge technology and innovation enables our customers to perform better and produce fewer emissions, even in the toughest terrains. Approximately 200.000 ABB turbochargers are in operation across the globe on ships, power stations, gen-sets, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We have over 100 Service Stations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
You will be working within a small, agile team, providing unique marine diesel engine performance insights as part of ABB. The software systems you are developing combine measurement data from vessels around the world to optimize the fuel efficiency and provide high level recommendations for the operators on-site and on-shore.
To further improve the quality and variety of our services we are looking for an additional software engineer within our inter-disciplinary team of experts. Do you like to work in an independent, innovative and value-driven environment? We offer an exciting opportunity, also for graduates or people with first experience.
- Be part of the core development team of our product line ABB Ability™ Tekomar XPERT
- Participate within the whole development live-cycle of several components:
- ABB Ability™ Tekomar XPERT
- Cloud services, -applications and -databases
- Tools for license administration and process integration
- Take ownership of code and functionality
- Troubleshoot production incidents
- Contribute to the development of new systems for on-site industrial data collection in conjunction with IoT and the ABB Ability™ platform
- Degree in Computer Science or similar (B.Sc. or M.Sc.)
- Good knowledge in software engineering principles (Object oriented design, data structures, algorithms)
- Experience in delivering software built on Microsoft Stack
- Visual Studio, .NET 4.0 – 4.7 / .NET Core, WPF, Azure, API, Cloud Services, Web applications, Entity Framework
- Good database knowledge (MS SQL & optional NoSQL)
- Experience in an agile environment
- Experience with automated testing & TDD
- Experience with TFS
- Striving for high quality code
- Able to pick up new skills quickly
Candidates must be in possession of a valid work permit which would authorize them to work for ABB in Switzerland.
More about us
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 58 588 56 62