Service Support Engineer 80-100%
Quartino, Ticino, Schweiz
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Within the UPS Service Centre of Excellence the Service Support Engineer is responsible to actively support ABB customers and service organization based on the knowledge of all UPS products and product lines. As Service support engineer you will provide remotely technical hardware support and expertise on a daily basis. If required you will travel on customer site to resolve technical matters. You will directly communicate to customers about the field events with professional expertise and full knowledge of the facts. You will follow UPS service processes.
- Provide hardware support inside the Diagnostic Centre via phone/Email and CMR ticketing system
- Occasional travels to direct customers and ABB poles, to support complex installation, audit service operations and grow the competencies of local teams
- Support customer through the 24x7 rotation Diagnostic Centre tasks
- Occasionally provide basic/intermediate/advanced trainings on UPS products for customers & UPS service engineers
- Work closely to R&D team to ensure product issues are properly addressed
- Participate in R&D trainings on the different UPS product lines
- Interact with other departments like quality and R&D to address statistically main product issues and the continuous product improvement
- Bachelors degree in Electrical/Electronic engineering
- Minimum 3 years work experience in UPS service and service support.
- Experience in writing technical documents, reports and procedures for field service
- Very good MS Office skills
- Fluency in English and Italian, any other European language would be an advantage
- Very structured way of working and strong in addressing and identifying priorities
- Willingness to travel
More about us
ABB is able to offer you an interesting role within a highly motivated team, together with open communication structures. On the basis of a personal, practice-oriented introduction program, you will be given the opportunity to acquire the confidence needed to work independently as well as be a constructive member of an inclusive team within your assigned area. ABB is also able to provide a wealth of opportunity for personal development once you have completed your introduction period, the aim being to assist you in attaining your career goals. Personalized development programs with targeted training measures will help you to enhance your skills on a continuous basis.
Interested in joining our team? If so, we look forward to receiving your full application (motivation letter, CV, references) only via our online careers tool. A better world begins with you at www.abb.com/careers
ABB Switzerland Ltd.
Phone: +41 58 585 39 15