Hub Supply Chain Manager,Middle East & Africa
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
Lead a team of procurement specialists to execute purchasing and logistics strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of suppliers and supplied products. Ensure execution in accordance with Company and Supply Chain Management (SCM) instructions and procedures.
1. Sourcing strategy: Implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy and
Regional/global Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) strategy to ensure that suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
2. Process: In accordance with Group SCM guidelines and local Division/Business Unit objectives, implements programs to drive improvement in cost, quality, delivery and working capital (payment terms, lead times, order quantities and purchased material inventory). Secures full utilization of Pro-Supply global supplier relationship management platform according to relevant procedure, both related to sharing of supplier information and to finding existing high performing suppliers to ABB.
3. Procurement: Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets,
Emerging country spending and savings forecasts. Ensures buyers minimize risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
4. Monitoring: Oversees planning and logistics of incoming materials and components based on the master production plan and master production schedule. Updates the master production plan on a regular basis, and ensures efficient stock and inventory management.
5. Supplier agreements: Leverages CIPS category teams locally, regionally and globally to ensure
Appropriate supplier selection. Defines and establishes local standard agreements with all major local suppliers. Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
6. People leadership and development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies and Group Supply Chain Management excellence guidelines (knowledge management, functional training, etc.). Responsible for coordinating SCM talent management and succession planning within assigned area.
Savings: Design and implement cost-out programs and/or processes for a diverse portfolio in a global organization to reach division/BU/region financial targets.
Sourcing: Designs and implements LCC/local sourcing plans for a diverse portfolio in a global organization to reach Hub//BU targets.
Organization/compliance: Establishes excellent and transparent communication internally, externally, and between different divisions and BU’s. Standardizes processes and implements routines along with table of Authority as per Group Directives in a global organization such as a division/BU/region.
Business continuity: Establishes and enforces processes on business continuity in a global organization such as a division/BU/region.
Knowledge , Skill and Experience:
Project Execution Skills: Superior skills in project execution, leads large international Projects / consortiums
Communication: Excellent communication skills and execution, high level.
Intercultural Sensitivity: of intercultural sensitivity in a global organization such as Division/BU/Region.
ABB Business Knowledge/policies, organization: Superior knowledge of ABB global business, policies and global
Supply Markets: excellent knowledge of commodity / business relevant supply markets supporting global business.
Negotiation: Superior negotiation skills in a multicultural and high challenging global business environment.
Operational (Planning & Reporting): Standardizes and Develops global tools and process.
Work Experience: >15 in a management position (preferably the majority in SCM) in a multicultural environment, preferably with expatriate experience.
Education: University degree required, postgraduate MBA preferable.
Languages: Excellent written and spoken English. Proficient in negotiations.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.