MEP Site Engineer, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 132,000 employees www.abb.com
You as a MEP Site Engineer will be a part of the Power Grid Grid Integration A business unit within the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The power grids division delivers solutions across the power value chain. This includes system solutions for power generation, transmission technologies, substations and distribution technologies for network management.
Grid Integration delivers stations, system solutions and service for transmission and distribution facilities. The market is driven by the need to create stable electricity grids and for environmental reasons with the aim of increasing the use of renewable energy. We design and build reliable stations both indoors and outdoors.
The Position holder, MEP Site Engineer will supervise and coordinate the work of internal and external resources and equipment technical specialists during on-site installation/construction activities related to MEP works to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
Your main responsibilities will include:-
1. Accountable for timely execution of MEP site activities as per the approved drawing, client specification & Local authorities.
2. Supervise MEP contractors at site & ensure the proper quality of work being executed.
3. Supervise all the MEP installation, testing, FAT & commissioning activities.
4. Planning the work at site & efficiently coordinate between contactors to meet the target dates.
5. Follow up with the contractors for material delivery at site in a timely manner.
6. Problem solving as may arise at site.
7. Liaise with ABB project team & coordinate the MEP works with other electrical & civil activities.
8. Liaise with the client / consultant for all the MEP site activities.
9. Maintain site record for the RFC drawing, Site notes, client inspection & snags.
10. Verify the material quantity take off.
11. Follow up clearing the client / Consultant comments & snags.
12. Attend meetings with client / consultant & follow up the agreed actions on time.
13. Coordinate & review the builders work drawing with the MEP contractors.
14. Ensure & check the MEP civil requirement are provided at site in the proper time to avoid re-work.
15. Arrange and chair Co-ordination Meetings with all Subcontractors involved in the works in conjunction with the Project Management team on a biweekly basis and more frequently if required.
16. Monitor the progress at site & ensure any possible delays are dealt in timely manner.
17. Follow up Clearing of the snags & punch list commented by the client before the project completion.
18. Ensure that contractors adheres to ABB HSE policy & local regulation.
19. Prepare method statement for site activities.
20. Obtain the client approval as MEP engineer & issue the required work permits.
21. Attend all the fault defects that may arise in the warranty period.
22. Prepare the red mark up, as built, & O & M manuals.
23. Assist in reviewing the design drawing & material submittal.
24. Follow up with the Client / consultant for the documents approval.
25. Establish proper interpersonal relation with entire Project team and bear responsibility in fostering team
• Ideally you should have bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications in Civil /Mechanical Engineering.
• Minimum 5-8 years’ of work experience on similar projects.
• Experience with Projects of different size, complexity and contractual types.
• Familiarity with ADWEA / Transco / FEWA / DEWA Specifications essential.
• Understanding Civil design and constructions subcontract’s Terms and Conditions
People related skills:
• Result Oriented
• Strong leadership/interpersonal skills
• Positive Attitude and Common Sense
• Good sense of Customer needs
• Good sense of Customer needs / Good Customer relations
• Presentation and communication skills
• Computer literate and well conversant with project scheduling
• Problem solving skills
• Team work and collaborations
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.