Service Engineer, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees www.abb.com
You as a Service Engineer will be a part of the Industrial Automation division and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The main focus of this division is to provide customers with systems for control, plant optimization and industry specific automation applications. The industries served include oil & gas, power chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging.
Your Main responsibilities will include:
For Onboard Jobs:
• Leading a small team of service mechanics, fitters and/or ship’s crew to organize the Work on the job site or in the workshop to ensure that a Work is completed on time and to all ABB’s quality and safety requirements.
• Preparing tools, equipment and parts needed for a service job and understanding the scope of the job to be performed.
• Ensuring that the documentation for the job is available. Asking for advice in cases some steps are not known.
• Briefing with service coordinator, head of workshop or supervisor about the expected situation on site.
• Checking and updating all relevant information of turbochargers in ATURB for assigned service tasks, and completing on time.
• Ensuring spare parts available onboard for service job are in accordance to ABB standard.
• Executing a pre risk assessment on site, briefing with crew member on ongoing other activities and instruction for board equipment.
• Working according to working instructions and adhering to regulatory and company OHS policy.
• Coordinating work order deviations in the scope with service coordinator and customer representative on board.
• Cleaning turbocharger and turbocharger components to ABB Standards using wet and dry cleaning processes, ensuring the integrity of the components material and dimension.
• Maintaining a clean and proper working environment onboard as well in Workshop.
• Creating service reports, time sheets & delivery note, duly signed by customer.
• Collecting information about other turbochargers installed on site, informing service coordinator.
• Self-study of technical documentation.
• Reporting of any damage tools or equipment to the person in charge for replacement.
• Reporting of missing special tools onboard to service coordinator / CSE for further action.
• Reporting of near miss, incident report or Hazard at workshop/site at all time.
• Maintaining control of all special and hand tooling, slings, lifting and safety equipment to ensure that they are in good order.
• Supporting service availability targets (24/7 service availability).
• Participating in training programs as assigned by service manager.
• Assembling and disassembling turbochargers and turbocharger components and all associated processes for the purpose of repair, maintenance and installation, whilst in the workshop or at customer’s job site, to all ABB working instructions and quality standards.
• On 24- Hours call and prepared to travel to respond to service calls from our customers and as directed by company management.
• Skilled in using metric and imperial measuring tools, such as Vernier’s, calipers, Micrometers, gauges, etc. with high degree of accuracy.
• Job involves to travel to various destinations & offshore within the region and to stay as per the service task requirements
• Should be a good communicator and to work as team player along with different nationalities.
For Workshop Jobs:
• Organizing and coordinating shop overhauls/repairs, ensuring that components are received, evaluated and repaired with parts ordered/replaced etc. are completed to ensure effective and efficient job execution in accordance with customer requirements against agreed terms.
• Ensuring the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop, thereby creating an efficient and customer focused work environment in the shop and on jobsites.
• Reviewing and evaluating workshop and service working practices, suggest and implement corrective actions where necessary to improve the efficiency of the service performance level.
• Following all quality aspects and discipline for job execution, including final in-house job inspection to documentation within company guidelines/regulations, including the accurate and timely completion of service reports, evaluations, part requests etc.
Ideally you should have bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering with 5+ years of mechanical experience, as service engineer/ senior technician in servicing diesel or rotating machinery, preferably in turbocharging service, out of which, 3 to 5 years supervisory experience is must. Experience of ABB turbocharger is mandatory. You should also have regional experience, with exposure to local working conditions and customer requirements. Should be Fluent in written and spoken English and willing to travel.
More about us
Note; ABB reserves the right to withdraw the job application at any given moment.