Civil Design Coordinator, Dubai, UAE.
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
As a Civil Design Coordinator, you will be a part of the Power Grids division which is a global leader in turnkey power projects and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The Power Grids division delivers solutions across the power value chain. This includes system solutions for power generation, transmission technologies, substations and distribution technologies for network management.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Accountability for timely receipt of all NOC and permits from various authorities as per base line schedule.
• Acting as an interface between civil design consultants and all MEP contractors and electrical design team involved in the project.
• Ensuring all civil input data provided by electrical engineering team and MEP services related input provided by project management team is incorporated in the civil drawings at design stage.
• Releasing ‘RFC’ stamped drawings to site, ensuring that all inputs related to MEP and electrical services have been incorporated.
• Ensuring ‘RFC’ drawings are released to site in keeping with the project construction schedule.
• Periodically review drawings available on site to ensure latest revision drawings are followed for the works.
• Arranging and chair coordinating meetings with all subcontractors involved in the works in conjunction with the project management team on a biweekly basis and more frequently if required.
• Ensuring all civil works documentation on site complies with ABB/project requirements/guidelines.
• Preparing drawing and NOC status reports etc. as required on a weekly basis and forward to Project Manager and Construction Manager.
• Coordinating all material submittals from the civil works subcontractor and ensure compliance with the project specifications prior to onward submission to client/engineer.
• Liaising with client/engineer for all drawings and material submissions and follow up on the same to ensure timely approvals.
• Checking submissions by civil design consultant for compliance with project requirements and specifications prior to onward submission to client/engineer.
• Maintaining regular and rigorous follow up with civil design consultants to ensure timely submission of project deliverables in line with the project schedule and for obtaining of all requisite NOCs/permits from relevant authorities.
• Establishing proper interpersonal relation with entire project team and bear responsibility in fostering team work.
• Reporting any problem to the construction manager and site manager.
• Monitoring that client’s QA/QC standards are strictly followed and implemented, reporting and clearance of non-conformance.
• Verifying material quantity take off and ordering the materials and equipment as per project requirement, check and correct all shop drawings.
• Participating with tendering team in preparing civil work budget.
Ideally, you should have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Structural Engineering with minimum 5-8 years of experience in projects of different size, complexity and contractual types. You should have strong familiarity with relevant international standards and with ADWEA/Transco/FEWA/DEWA/SEWA specifications. You should also have familiarity with civil software ETABS, SAFE, STAAD PRO, AUTOCAD along with fluency in written and spoken English.
More about us
Note: ABB reserves the right to withdraw the job application at any given moment.