Project Engineer, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as a Project Engineer will be a part of the Electrification Products division and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The Electrification Products division offers low- and medium-voltage electrical installations, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, switchgear, measuring and sensing devices, control products, including KNX systems designed to integrate and automate a building’s lighting, ventilation, heating, and security, wiring accessories, enclosures and cabling systems, data communication networks, and power protection.
As a Project Engineer, you will support service sales in successful execution and closing of the assigned service orders by coordinating with required functions involved. Same is based on the techno-commercial requirements of the contracts, customer’s expectations and by suggesting the bottom line optimizing ideas to Sales Engineer’s. This is in line with compliance regulation and the internal rules.
- Main Accountabilities:
- • Support service sales for the service order / project activities.
- • Order booking in SAP.
- • To handle the project internally (if required).
- • Understand the project requirements.
- • Check and keep Service Sales team informed on the incoming project documentation.
- • Generate the regular project documentations such as project schedule, progress reports, FAT invitation, milestone documentation etc.
- • Coordinate with various internal depts. as per requirements of the project.
- • Keep track of invoicing, variations, payment receipts, internal and externals goals etc.
- • Efficiently manage the project documentation.
- • Keep track of the project milestones.
- • Handle the documentation for initiating the procurement action. Further follow-up and monitoring of timely receipt of material.
- • Keep track of non-conformances and monitoring corrective actions to control costs and schedules throughout the project lifecycle.
- • Keep Manager Service informed on the major issues / changes.
- • Handle commercial documentation of the project.
- • Support engineering for compliance statement.
- • Keep track of changes / modification in the project.
- • Attend customer meetings as per requirement
- Ideally you should be having a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 4 years’ of experience in a similar role. Knowledge on MV switchgear systems, LV components, VFD’s, soft starters, PLC’s, project commercial matters is an added advantage. Good communication skill with good computing skills in MS Office, MS project, SAP etc. is required. The role requires you to be flexible, good in networking and ready for team work.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.