Assistant Engineer- Workshop Service, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as an Assistant Engineer – Workshop Service will be a part of the Motion Business and Drives Business Line, based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be responsible for service to perform quality Drive service within work shop and at customer place complying the ABB service standards and process, ensuring full customer satisfaction with 100% safety and integrity.
- Your tasks as an Assistant Engineer- Workshop Service will include the following:
- •Attend jobs with complete preparedness, to give professional approach and to ensure quick and correct completeness of the job following the factory recommended procedures. Ensure 100 % customer satisfaction
- •Servicing, Inspecting and Testing of ACS 880 800, 550,600, 350, 580, DC drives and any other drives which are coming to work shop before and after repair.
- •Keep spare parts inventory up to date and handling of demo unite.
- •Ensuring measuring instruments used by service engineers are calibrated and maintaining list of tool and instruments of service engineers. Handling material shipment & Placing warranty order. Preparing service reports after service in DIB.
- •Customer Site visit on emergency situation as when required and ensure warranty case closing with factory and managing spare parts and return of faulty parts.
- •Ensure proper team work and support each other in the team whenever required.
- •Perform warranty repairs and complete warranty handling procedures.
- •Provide the End User with consultancy service with regard to the maintenance procedures and spare parts supply in accordance with ABB guideline thereby increasing the reputation of ABB and where applicable generating additional sales.
- •Ensure timely completion of reports, time sheets etc.
- •Accountable for spare parts, tools and equipment that are/is required in order to complete the job at hand.
- •To support team leader activities during the absence of team leader.
- •Provide technical support to customer.
- •Maintain the drive load testing unites maintained and ensure its good performance by bringing issues on time and preventively.
- You should have a Bachelor degree/Diploma/ITI in Electrical with 4 to 8 years of experience in the area of Service of Drives. Well established network inside the sales and marketing team of the Division. You should be available on weekend and physically fit and awareness of safety practice in workshop.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.