Business Development Specialist – Building Automation, Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as a Business Development Specialist – Building Automation will be a part of the Electrification Products division and will be based in Dubai, UAE. The Electrification Products division offers low- and medium-voltage electrical installations, including EV infrastructure, solar inverters, modular substations, distribution automation, switchgear, measuring and sensing devices, control products, including KNX systems designed to integrate and automate a building’s lighting, ventilation, heating, and security, wiring accessories, enclosures and cabling systems, data communication networks, and power protection.
You will be responsible for working closely with MEP consultants, clients and hotel operators to influence their specifications and approved vendors’ list and creating end user acceptance of ABB building automation systems, products and solutions within UAE market. You will also build long term customer relationships with hotel operators, MEP consultants and real estate developers to identify and develop sales opportunities for building automation systems and products.
- Your main responsibilities will include:-
- • Strategy:
- Implement and review Building Automation strategies with country-specification plans.
- • Targets:
- Responsible for creating market demand for Building Automation solutions and products to achieve division financial objectives. Create detailed business plans, implement with regular follow-up.
- • Customer relationship:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the MEP consultant’s hotel operators and real estate developers in the target segment. Follow up ABB’s performance in fulfilling their needs and communicate deficiencies and/or opportunities to the respective business units.
- • Marketing:
- Communicate the end user value proposition for the target segment (internally and externally). Support local Sales organization to have an effective perception in the target segment. Create and implement the communication, promotion and training activities in the segment. Participate in the development of specifications by influencing the appropriate bodies (including government, legislative bodies, technical and trade associations).
- • Account Management:
- Ensure the major accounts in the MEP consultants are identified and prioritized.
- • Market analysis:
- Monitor market trends and recommends adjustments for the strategy and plans accordingly, to meet changing market and competitive landscapes. Provide appropriate market information for mid to long -term decision making.
- • New market opportunities:
- Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- • Reporting:
- Report by segment to accurately measure progress and use common tools to identify future opportunities.
- Ideally you should have a degree in electrical engineering background, with minimum 5 years of relevant experience in KNX or similar building automation systems. Excellent exposure to hospitality, real estate developers and MEP Consultants supported by a wide contact base along with extensive knowledge of guest room management system, home automation and lighting control systems is required.
- Excellent command in english with strong verbal and written communication skills in creating and writing specifications is required along with a proficiency in Microsoft office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.