Technical Support - Senior Support Specialist
Abu Dhabi, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as a Technical Support - Senior Support Specialist will be a part of the Industrial Automation Division under the business unit of Control Technologies. In this role you will be responsible to provide support and service for Open Control Systems (OCS) products worldwide. Together with Consult IT and service, the support centers are building an alliance to provide an excellent portfolio of products and services. The Technical Support - Senior Support Specialist is strengthening our support team in Germany, but will be located in Abu Dhabi as a spearhead to the region in Middle East and Africa.
- The Technical Support Specialist team is grouped in different competence. Each team cover a certain area of control products and technology and is responsible for implementing support and consultation service to customers, indirectly through ABB Project and Service organization. Most of the service – approx. 70% - will be carried out from local ABB office, the remaining service will be carried out at customer sites and other ABB office. The Technical Support – Senior Support Specialist will take over responsibility to provide services for the following areas in Technical Support and for following OCS products.
- 1. Product Portfolio - ABB Ability TM System 800xA:
- - Operation - Base System incl. AC800M Connect
- - Engineering - Engineering Studio, Function Designer, Control Builder M, Bulk Data Management
- - IT Network and Industrial Network (TCP/IP, PROFIBUS, FF, HART, Modbus TCP, PROFINET, IEC 61850)
- - Multi System Integration
- - Information Management (Information Manager, 800xA History)
- - Asset Optimization
- 2. Technical Support Services (70%) - Managing support requests:
- - Communication to Caller (Phone, Email)
- - Analyze and reproduce technical issues
- - Collaborate with other Support Centers and R&D on support request and solution
- - Analyze and report product problems and improvement requests to R&D / PM
- - Remote support to site
- - 24/7 support (approx. 7 weeks per year on-call availability)
- 3. Consultation Services (30%) - Individually Consulting:
- - Premium support for projects during critical project phases (e.g. FAT, Update, etc.)
- - Create strategies and supporting 800xA System updates
- - Conduct System Assessments / System Health Checks
- - Conduct individual tailored workshops to ABB engineer and customer.
- Ideally you should have a Bachelor degree in engineering and related industry experience with minimum of 10+ years of experience in System 800xA and industry standard (e.g. OPC, TCP/IP) and application design and implementation. Good Knowledge of standard use for IT/Industrial Communication (TCP/IP, OPC, IEC 61850, PROFINET, PROFIBUS, FIELDBUS FOUNDATION, HART). Enough experience in Open Control System products, Windows technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory). Require exceptional communication skills, business orientation, cultural sensitivity and team building skills and thorough understanding of support business and customer requirements in order to optimize results and ensure customer satisfaction, the ability to direct and work across business units, product development and product management to achieve the required results for customers and products organization.