Contract Manager – Dubai, UAE
Dubai, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as a Contract Manager will be a part of the Power Grids division and Grid Integration Business Unit will be based in Dubai, UAE. In this role, you will be responsible to lead the provision of contract management services to the local business unit or product group or Country, ensuring all contract management activities are executed in accordance with Group or Division or Business Unit directives and instructions including company procedures and the contract management framework.
- Your tasks as a Contract Manager will include the following:
- •Ensure that own assigned portfolio of contracts or specific project(s) in the business follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with applicable procedures
- •Provide guidance and leadership on contract related matters to cross functional business team members
- •Develop contract strategy based on ABB’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule
- •Identify the contract baseline and highlight areas of opportunities and potential risk
- •Ensure timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts or subcontracts
- •Verify that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding
- •Assesse the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting
- •Document and communicate to all relevant parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process
- •Establish and enforce standard methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes or claims coming from or towards third parties
- •In concert with ABB Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and support negotiations. Support ABB Legal in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Notify and liaise with ABB Legal to report major claims and keeps ABB Legal updated on any critical development during project execution
- •Support drafting of contracts, subcontracts and supply contracts and ensure that relevant contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect ABB's interest including flow-down of main contract terms
- •Analyze contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk
- •Seek advice from ABB Legal to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the sales and project execution phases
- •Develop and implement risk mitigation and opportunity plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- •Ensure insurance provisions within the contract are adhered to and coordinate with insurance risk management regarding occurrences that may be covered by customer or third party or ABB provided insurance. Support insurance risk management in producing damage reports
- •Seek advice from ABB legal to ensure accurate handling of all export control matters with regard to restrictions on exports, applicable destination laws considering countries, customers or products involved and the respective laws and ABB regulations
- You should have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or Law with minimum 10 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management or administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements. Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution. Ability to interface with customers and subcontractors in regards to all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Should be willing to work at or visit project sites for short or extended durations and to travel both nationally and internationally. High degree of inter-cultural sensitivity and integrity. Should be Systematic and structured work style. Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in English.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.