Sales & Marketing Engineer– ABB Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Abu Dhabi, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
You as a Sales & Marketing Engineer, MEA HUB will be a part of Industrial Automation Division, within the business unit Measurement and Analytics based in Abu Dhabi. In this role you will be responsible for driving the Level business within the Middle East and Africa Hub for growth in OAG, refining, chemical, power, water/wastewater, food & beverage, pharmaceutical, EPC, OEM, and other potential markets. This position is accountable for the long term profitable growth and marketing of ABB offering to targeted market segments by developing and managing it through all of its life cycle phases, according to market needs and product line strategy and targets.
As a Sales & Marketing Engineer you will be responsible for building strategic and tactical marketing capability which includes market research, competitive intelligence, segmentation and business case development for the country and across businesses with a tight linkage to management goals and vision. You will work closely with end users partners and integrated network of marketing, sales, finance and other management teams to give strategic direction with timely, accurate and relevant business intelligence for key decision making scenarios of the country management and businesses.
1. Business Plan: - Market size, go to market plans agreed with management by geography and product group for measurement, Gas Analyzers & Flow Meters Products BU IAMA.
2. Responsible for annual OR & Revenue and agreed targets.
3. Monthly order estimate and forecasting and working closely with end users, EPC’s OEM & channel partners.
4. Responsible for growing the business of given product groups by working closely with end users, OEM’s & EPC’s in UAE market.
5. Business & Market Intelligence: Industry analysis – Analyze trends, regulations, opportunities and customer health.
6. Business Performance – Analyze business performance at various organization levels.
7. Develop strong account plans for end users in UAE.
8. Sector Deep Dives – Customer segmentation, go to market strategies, market opportunity analysis and white spot analysis,
9. Develop business in line with BU country market strategy.
10. Work on large mega projects and be part of global capture team.
11. Strong knowledge of UAE, EPC, end users & OEMs is a must.
Ideally you should have an Engineering degree in Electrical/Instrumentation with 8 to 10 years of technical sales experience. Expert level in MS office, power point & good knowledge on Home Automation, good experience on project management, EPC work and method.
Good knowledge of Instrumentation & Analytics market coupled with knowledge of ABB Measurement & Analytics portfolio will be added advantage. Good understanding of key financial parameters. Good knowledge about competitor’s products and their attitude in market. Maintaining good relationship with channel partners, end users & consultants. Customer care & promoting new type of products and positioning in the market places.Contract negotiation skills & claim management is required along with quotation preparation & financial understanding.
More about us
Please note: ABB reserves the rights to withdraw this job publication at any given time.