Project Lead Engineer, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi, Generic, Utd.Arab Emir.
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
Join ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Industrial Automation served industries include oil and gas, power, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, pulp and paper, metals and minerals, marine and turbocharging. Key customer benefits include improved asset productivity and energy savings.
You will be working as a Project Lead Engineer and will be a part of the Industrial Automation Business based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. In this role you will be leading for all engineering activities in assignments classified as low engineering complexity. Ensuring that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Acting as technical product specialist, for ABB DCS Symphony /INFI90 & Automation system products. Providing high level technical support and coordination of product issues to customers within the specific business unit region or country, in the Gulf region.
- Coordinating and resolving high level technical issues/questions and provide advice and recommendations both internally and to customer sites.
- Providing and creating a team approach to service related activities and offer customers a complete lifecycle approach to product implementation, support and ultimate system upgrades.
- Providing support for ABB service and you will utilize the expertise provided by ABB Global technical assistance centers.
- Delivering a professional and quality service in line with ABB and customer requirements, improve and grow ABB service business.
- Having good knowledge of cyber security solutions such as network hardening, system hardening, backup solutions, patch management for automation system specially ABB DCS symphony.
- Having good Knowledge of networking solutions, domain setup, group policies management for automation system specially ABB DCS symphony,
- Providing assistance with new projects, especially with system testing for customers during FAT, commissioning and SAT Activities.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role and experience in the automation or networks arena along with good understanding on automation systems and combined with the process knowledge in oil, gas and chemical.
- Knowledge of ABB systems eg: DCS Symphony / INFI-90.
- Knowledge of Industrial cyber security solutions (such as Splunk, SE46) for ABB systems e.g.: DCS Symphony / INFI-90.
- Experience with Onshore and Offshore Oil and Gas customer specially ADNOC.
- Excellent command of English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.